All Asia-Australia Mental Health initiatives and programs are collaboratively planned and delivered and are sensitive to the cultures in which they operate. We take a highly practical approach to expanding access to best practice in local and international mental health promotion and care. Our implementation strategies include:
- the development and maintenance of high level regional partnerships
- culturally and locally appropriate training programs
- exposure to Australian models of care through site visits and short work placements with follow up support to explore adaptation of these approaches into the local context
- shared development of ideas and actions for promoting mental health
- the development of appropriate educational materials based on the exchange of regional experience and research.