The project, inaugurated in September 2010, is a partnership between the Guangdong Institute of Mental Health, and AAMH. The project aims to improve community mental health through training, leadership support, study visits, monitoring and evaluation, and a partnership network of mental health institutes and hospitals across Guangdong province.
The project is directed by the Guangdong Melbourne Community Mental Health Working Committee, established in 2010 and chaired by the Guandgong Institute of Mental Health.
Key project partner
- Guangdong Institute of Mental Health
- Establishment and ongoing direction of the project from the Melbourne-Guangdong Community Mental Health Working Committee, chaired by the Director of Guangdong Institute of Mental Health.
- Training and development between Melbourne and Guangdong, including delegations and short term training visits.
- Technical expertise and advisory.
- Guangdong host an annual conference, with leaders in mental health from across Guangdong province and beyond, attending training sessions.