Since 2005 Asia Australia Mental Health has worked with partners in Cambodia. Collaboration with government and peak bodies has led to significant achievements in mental health service development for Cambodia, through training, research, evaluation, and leadership support.
- Ministry of Health, Cambodia
- National Institute of Mental Health, Cambodia
AAMH and Cambodia have collaborated on a variety of projects, including:
- Partners in the “Protecting Children in Extreme Stress” project, supported by the Humanitarian section, AusAID.
- Australian Leadership Awards Fellowship (ALAF) supported mental health specialist training placements from Cambodia, facilitated through the POST program.
- Partners in the Sub-Mekong Research network.
- Cambodia is an active participant in the Asia Pacific Community Mental Health Development Project (APCMHDP): Senior leaders attended conferences held in Melbourne, New Delhi, Bali, and Beijing.
- Published key examples of Cambodian community mental health in the APCMHDP publications.
Mental health profile of Cambodia
Learn more about the mental health profile of Cambodia, available through the WHO Atlas Country Profile.