Since 2009, AAMH have worked closely with partners at Fiji National University and St Giles Hospital, Ministry of Health, to develop training resources, research and leadership capacity.
- College of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Fiji National University
- St. Giles Hospital, Ministry of Health, Fiji Islands
AAMH and Fiji partners have collaborated on a variety of multilateral and bilateral programs such as:
- Key partners in “Building community mental health through strategic public partnerships in Melanesia”, a project supported through AusAID’s Public Sector Linkages Program.
- Australian Leadership Awards Fellowship (ALAF) supported a 10 week mental health specialist training exchange from St. Giles Hospital, facilitated through the POST program.
- Fiji is an active participant in the Asia Pacific Community Mental Health Development Project (APCMHDP): Senior leaders have attended conferences held in New Delhi, Melbourne, Bali and Beijing.
- Royal Australian New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) Scholarship for 1 month mental health specialist training exchange through the POST program,