Since 2004, the partnership has focused on supporting the leadership of mental health in Korea, with a particular focus on programs in community mental health development, policy reform, and the role of art in mental health.
- National Mental Health Commission, Republic of Korea
- Gyeonggi Provincial Mental Health Centre
AAMH and Korea have collaborated on projects since 2004, including;
- Dialogue on mental health policy and reform between government officials and AAMH, including hosting of high level delegations from Korea.
- Education and training for Korean clinicians in mental health care and promotion in the community.
- Korean mental health specialist training placements in Melbourne.
- Korea is an active participant in the Asia Pacific Community Mental Health Development Project (APCMHDP): Senior leaders attended conferences held in Melbourne, New Delhi, Bali, and Beijing.
- Published key examples of the Korean community mental health system in two APCMHDP publications.
- Inaugural participants in the Art and Mental Health project initiative, and published a chapter in the Creative Opportunities publication on Art and Mental Health in the region.
Mental health profile of Korea
Learn about the mental health profile of Korea, available through the WHO Atlas Country Profile.