Strategically, our partnership has focused on supporting the leadership of mental health in Thailand, with a particular focus on programs in mental health promotion, community mental health, and the role of art in mental health.
- Ministry of Public Health, Thailand
- Australia-Thailand Institute, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Government of Australia.
AAMH and Thailand have collaborated on a range of programs since 2005;
- Hosted high level delegation of Thai government officials and mental health professionals.
- AAMH invited to facilitate training sessions at the annual International Community Mental Health Conference, hosted by Thai Ministry of Health.
- Thailand is an active participant in the Asia-Pacific Community Mental Health Development Project. Senior leaders attended conferences held in New Delhi, Melbourne, Bali and Beijing.
- Published key examples of Thai community mental health in both APCMHDP publications. The first publication from the APCMHD project was translated into Thai, and used as the main textbook for community mental health in Thailand.
- Inaugural participants in the Art and Mental Health project initiative, and published a chapter in the Creative Opportunities publication on Art and Mental Health in the region.
Mental health profile of Thailand
Learn about Thailand’s mental health profile, available through the WHO Atlas Country Profile.